The KET Reading & Writing paper contains 9 parts.
The Reading and Writing paper counts as 50% of the overall exam (the other parts being the KET Speaking and KET Listening).
The 9 parts of the KET Reading & Writing paper are:
- 1. Matching signs (or notices) with sentences
- 2. Five sentences with missing words
- 3. Reply to a short sentence
- 4. Reading comprehension – answer Right/Wrong/Doesn’t Say
- 5. Reading with some words missing – choose missing words
- 6. Word completion
- 7. Fill in missing words (no choices given)
- 8. Read text and fill in a form
- 9. Write a short note