UPSC Recruitment July 2019 for IAS, CDS, IES, IPS, SCRA
Every Year, Union Public Service Commission of India (UPSC) recruits for prestigious civil services, Combined defense services (CDS), Special class railway Apprentice (SCRA), Indian Economic Services (IES), Combined Medical services (CDS) etc. It conducts a recruitment examination for most of the elite civil and defense services in order to fill the post every year. UPSC is also authorized to conduct the multiple level of non-elite group examination as well.
UPSC historical formation
The Constituent Assembly, after independence, saw the need for giving a secure and autonomous status to Public Service Commission’s both at Federal and Provincial levels for ensuring unbiased recruitment to Civil Services as also for protection of service interests. With the promulgation of the new Constitution for independent India on 26th January, 1950, the Federal Public Service Commission was accorded a constitutional status as an autonomous entity and given the title – Union Public Service Commission
UPSC recruitment 2019 – Selection procedure
Generally UPSC conduct written test followed by the Interview but in many cases it recruit people using direct, promotion and transfer method.
Check below the Current UPSC Job Advertisement. You may check the respective department UPSC Vacancy Detail below;
|Name of the Post||Organization||Apply Online Before|
|Professor – Economics||15/10/2019|
|Sp. Grade 3rd Asst. Professor – Surgery||15/10/2019|
|Sp. Grade 3rd Asst. Professor – Medicine||15/10/2019|
|Asst. Legislative Counsel||15/10/2019|
|Name of the Post||Organization||Total Post|
|Medical Officer||Central Government Health Scheme||01|
|Assistant Keeper||Anthropological Survey of India||02|
|Factory Manager||Central Research Institute Kasauli||01|
|Dental Surgeons||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare||10|
|Joint Director General||National Museum, New Delhi||01|
|Training Officer||Vocational Training Programme for Women||01|
|Divisional Medical Officer (ENT)||Indian Railway||12|
|Divisional Medical Officer (Anesthesia)||Indian Railway||24|
|Company Prosecutor||Ministry of Corporate Affairs||05|
UPSC Examination Pattern for Elite group Vacancies
An objective-type written and/or practical test to test the skill of the candidates followed by Interview, the final selection being decided by Interview, aided by the performance of the candidates in the written test and/or practical test.
Our Editor has provided you few Preparation tips/ Strategy to crack UPSC Examination especially Civil Services.
If question like “Why should I become an IAS officer or to join this elite civil services fill your mind daily “then to remove the confusion here is the solution for your doubts.
First of all, clear in your mind that it is not a Job, instead it is a service for our country. If you want to help people at a large scale with all your efficiency. If you like to take control of things and want to MAKE INDIA, a better place.
IAS is the best bath for this.
From preparation strategy to updates regarding U.P.S.C. here you will find all this under one roof.
Recommended Study material for Civil services – Prelims & Mains Exam
- Focus on NCERT Syllabus: it is not a game of one night study or for some months, hard-core preparation is needed to break the ice. You have to begin from scratch. Read all the NCERT text-books from class 6th to 10th, which include Humanities, Science and whichever book is relevant for General Studies. All the NCERT Text books are easily and freely accessible from ncert.nic.in.
- Understand Biology: Read class XIIth last 4 chapters to get an insight about it. No need to go through full volumes of it.
- Give more focus to Chemistry: N.C.E.R.T class XIIth volume 2, more stress on last 2 chapters.
- Enjoy Time with Political Science, Economy, Geography, History: 11th and 12th NIOS and NCERT text books.
- Indian Polity by M.Laxminath (Strongly recommended) or you can also go for D.D.Basu. Read G.C.Leong (Part 1) for Geography, It is definitely going to help you very much in your mains. Student must be familiar with Current Affairs and should read modules provided by Yojana and The Hindu.
- Learn Economy Facts : Read Indian Economy book written by Sanjiv Verma, Sriram Economy Manual and Economic Survey
- Art and Culture: There is no separate book for this. You can easily cover the syllabus through CCRT website and NCERT.
- For CSAT paper 2: Tata Mc Grawhill (TMH) would be your one stop solution. It is easily available in various e-commerce markets.
- Last year papers: it is very strongly recommended to go through last year/ previous year question papers in order to get an insight approach and ask to answer methodology of UPSC recruitment for previous year.
Recommended Study material for Civil services – Mains Exam
- Ethics: Go for the LEXICON by Chronicle Publication; try to solve as much questions you can. The questions designed are very much up to the mark/level set by the governing authority.
- World History: by Norman Lowe ( from 1911 onwards) and L.Mukherjee
- Competition Classes: Handwritten notes or you can say yellow cover notes are easily accessible of various Classes running in every part of the country
- Historical Website: For all the archived and current updates of draft legislation and bill passed.
- Test series: Do Join a test series whether it is available online or offline. It will help you to keep in touch with the pattern of questions asked.
- Keep Updated: Check regular latest news and job notification about UPSC recruitment 2019 and fill up the form in every job category to get hands on experience while performing for bigger exam.
Master Key: is Revision!! Revision!! And Revision. The only key for success in this examination is memorizing as much stuff you can. Revise from the same book.
UPSC Recruitment updates and downloads
To download the e-admit card for CSE, click on the link provided below:
Information regarding filling of application forms and UPSC vacancy updates
UPSC Examination Calendar Click on the link below;
Candidate can directly visit the official web pages for more information such as UPSC Job Notification, UPSC Recruitment and Admit card. We also update our page regularly for Latest UPSC News and updates. All available UPSC Notification for the various posts will be published on the portal, therefore visit us regularly for fresh and latest Job offered by the UPSC.